Bespoke content accessibility training
We tailor our 2 day accessibility course to your organisation's content and goals.
- 2 day training for up to 16 employees online or in-person (depending on location).
- Get a comprehensive understanding of best practices and in-depth review of your accessibility.
- Decide which topics to include and share documents to tailor your organisation.
- Get a brief introduction to assistive technologies and accessibility tools.
- Leave with a co-produced plan for after the training.
- Access to accessibility resources toolkit, course materials and transcript.
Discovering what you need
Our pre-training discovery helps us to find out what you need and which topics you want us to include. In this 1 hour session, we’ll ask you about things like:
- which teams will be joining and the type of job roles
- any accessibility experience trainees have
- which content types and document formats you want to focus on. For example, webpages, Office documents, marketing assets, and PDFs
- what equipment and software trainees can access
We’ll also ask you to send us content for the examples and exercises.
An introduction on day 1
After discovery, our accessibility expert will tailor the course content to your organisation. We use examples from your content, website and social media accounts.
Day 1 will focus on introducing disability and accessibility to trainees. It gives you a comprehensive understanding of best practices in relation to your content.
As standard, we’ll start the day with:
- the social model of disability through lived experience
- how many disabled people are in the UK and the cost of losing disabled customers
- why accessibility is legally important to your organisation
- the 4 core principles of accessibility
- why researching and testing with disabled people is important
Tailoring your content
Topics we can cover on day 1:
- plain English and readability
- headings and structure
- colour contrast and colour blindness
- fonts and text formatting
- PDFs and alternative document formats
- images and alt-text
- graphs and charts
- social media
- presentations and events
The topics we include will depend on your discovery session.
Practice on day 2
This day is more practical. It gives everyone a chance to practice what they learned from the first day.
In part 1 trainees will work together to edit your organisation’s content. We’ll also do demonstrations and exercises on how to make documents more accessible. These exercises use the content, webpages and documents you send us after discovery.
Part 2 will include demonstrations of different assistive technology and accessibility tools. This gives trainees a better understanding of barriers disabled people can experience. We’ll cover some tools they can use to review and test.
Finish with clear actions
Day 2 finishes with a discussion on next steps following the training. This includes things like:
- a plan for accessibility fixes or priority changes
- ideas for creating accessibility guidance for colleagues
- updates to ways of working
- changes to policies or brand guidelines
These will give trainees some actions to share with their colleagues. We want all trainees to be able to influence change across their organisation.
Materials and toolkit
We’ll send you the training slides with:
- tailored examples showing best practices
- analysis and content review from the accessibility specialist
- video demonstrations of a screen reader
- links to all the different tools you need to review and test
- trainer notes
This gives you clear examples on how to remove barriers after the training. Your whole organisation will also have access to our online accessibility resources toolkit.
Session delivery and cost
Once you’ve contacted us to set up the training, we’ll make the process easy. One of our team will contact you with a contract. We’ll also get some details from you to set up an invoice.
After that, all we need to do is set the dates for each of the sessions. Our specialist will send out materials and workbooks a few days before each session.
£11,500 plus VAT.
We can deliver this bespoke course for up to 16 employees online or in-person (depending on location).
Our goal is to raise disability awareness and educate as many people as possible. We want organisations to be supported to do this and to build a culture of disability inclusion.
If this standard product doesn’t meet your needs, Scope can work with you to create customised training that does.Speak to our team about tailored training
The training was overall very useful to understand more about why accessibility is important and how to achieve it. I'd say that the lived experiences and examples of how barriers to accessibility are experienced by disabled people and those benefiting from accessibility the most were very helpful.
The practical directions on how to improve accessibility and address issues on word and power point were also very good.