Content accessibility training
Our 1 day training helps businesses develop a good understanding of accessibility best practices.
- 1 day training for up to 16 employees online or in-person (depending on location).
- Invite whole teams or relevant roles from multiple teams.
- Understand the social model of disability through lived experience.
- Leave with a comprehensive understanding of accessibility best practices. From plain English to colour contrast to captions.
- Engage with interactive learning using a mix of presenting, exercises, and discussions. All guided by an expert throughout the day.
- Access to accessibility resources toolkit, course materials and transcript.
Learning the basics together
Up to 16 people can join our 1 day course. This gives your employees the chance to learn about accessibility together.
It also means you can upskill 1 team or a mix of roles from across your organisation. It’s an investment in accessibility for disabled colleagues and disabled customers.
Build your confidence, supported by our expert
Our 1 day training gives teams a comprehensive understanding of disability and accessibility. Our goal is to help you become more confident with accessibility and using best practices. You’ll also have time and support from our expert.
We use a mix of exercises, group discussions and presenter learning. This gives trainees practical techniques and tools for their daily work.
The 1 day training includes:
- the social model of disability through lived experience
- why accessibility is important and the benefits
- the 4 core principles of accessibility
- why researching and testing with disabled people is important
- plain English and writing accessible content
- accessible headings and structure
- accessible colours, fonts, and links
- pdf, image, graph, and video accessibility
- accessible presentations
- access to training slides, transcript and online accessibility resources toolkit
Examples and exercises are standard content. If you would like the training tailored to your organisation, we have a bespoke product:
Session delivery and cost
£4,000 plus VAT.
We also run this 1 day training quarterly. If you’re a business with a small team or budget, you can buy tickets for individual employees:
Easy to set up
Once you’ve contacted us to set up a session, we’ll make the process easy. One of our team will contact you with our contract. We’ll also get some details from you to set up an invoice.
After that, all we need to do is set the date.
Our goal is to raise disability awareness and educate as many people as possible. We want organisations to be supported to do this and to build a culture of disability inclusion.
If the standard product doesn’t meet your needs, Scope can work with you to create customised training that does.Speak to our team about a tailored session
It opened my eyes to the challenges disabled people unfairly face and the responsibility we all have to remove barriers where we can. So many things can be achieved if we work together, being mindful of each others needs.