Disability recruitment training
Our 2 to 3 hour disability recruitment training supports you to develop inclusive practices.
- 2 to 3 hour workshop for up to 30 employees online or in-person (depending on location).
- Invite hiring managers, HR teams, or business partner or employment roles.
- Understand the barriers disabled jobseekers experience with applying for and starting a new job.
- Get guidance on talking about disability and using inclusive language.
- Review a live job description and leave with an inclusive recruitment action plan.
- Learn recruitment insights and statistics.
- Includes group discussions, exercises, and tools to remove barriers for disabled jobseekers.
- Access to course materials and transcript.
Diversifying your workforce
Being able to hire more disabled people will diversify your workforce. It will bring in new perspectives, new ways of working and creative problem solving.
All disabled people should be able to apply, interview, and start work without experiencing barriers. This training will help your organisation become an employer that does just that.
Recruiting disabled talent
Our disability recruitment workshop works with you to create inclusive hiring practices. It will support anyone responsible for job descriptions, shortlisting, interviewing and advertising. Trainees will leave feeling more confident in doing disability inclusive recruitment.
The 2 to 3 hour session includes:
- disability employment today: stats and research
- using inclusive language in job descriptions
- making your process accessible: ad platforms, applications, interviews, and onboarding
- exercises to review a live job description and recruitment processes
- new ways your organisation can recruit to be more inclusive discussion
- how to measure your success
We will send you the course materials and transcript.
Session delivery and cost
Cost: £2,000 plus VAT.
When buying this product we offer an option to give a charity donation of £500 (25%).
Easy to set up
Once you’ve contacted us to set up a session, we’ll make the process easy. One of our team will contact you with a contract. We’ll then get some details from you to set up an invoice.
After that, all we need to do is set the date.
Our goal is to raise disability awareness and educate as many people as possible. We want organisations to be supported to do this and to build a culture of disability inclusion.
If this standard product doesn’t meet your needs, Scope can work with you to create customised training that does.
Training for individuals and small teams
We run introduction to inclusive disability recruiment courses so that anyone sign up to it. If you’re a business with a small team or budget, you can buy tickets for individual employees. It costs £90 a ticket.