Workplace culture training
Our 90 minute session helps employees understand the challenges disabled people face at work.
- 90 minute session for up to 100 employees online or 30 in-person (depending on location).
- Invite employees at different levels, from leadership to interns.
- Learn how attitudes can affect inclusion and support for disabled employees.
- Understand the challenges disabled people experience getting into and staying in work.
- Develop confidence supporting and including disabled colleagues and employees.
- Safe space to talk about disability, language and experiences.
- Includes disability employment statistics and research to help inform and influence others.
- Access to course materials and transcript.
Understand the challenges disabled people face at work
To create an inclusive culture, employees need to learn more about disability in the workplace. They need to feel comfortable and confident around their disabled colleagues. To not be worried about saying the wrong thing or doing something that excludes them.
Our 90 minute session helps employees understand the challenges disabled people face at work. It creates a safe space to start the conversation. And it encourages discussions that share new perspectives.
Interactive, funny, and a little awkward
Our disability inclusion training is designed to be fun and engaging. We do cover serious topics. But we want everyone to feel comfortable and confident around disability at work. We want to help you create an inclusive workplace culture. This means getting everyone involved, talking and laughing. Even if it’s awkward.
We’ll cover misconceptions and barriers facing disabled people in employment. We show videos that help everyone relax into the conversation. And we’ll encourage open floor discussions.
During a 90 minute session, trainees will:
- answer polling questions on disability, employment, reasonable adjustments, and attitudes
- understand important statistics related to their work
- take part in discussions on awkwardness and removing barriers
- play bad word bingo to better understand inclusive language
- laugh from incredibly awkward video scenarios
Session delivery and cost
Cost: £1,600 plus VAT.
When buying this product we offer an option to give a charity donation of £400 (25%).
Easy to set up
Once you’ve contacted us to set up a session, we’ll make the process easy. One of our team will contact you with a contract. We’ll then get some details from you to set up an invoice.
After that, all we need to do is set the date.
Our goal is to raise disability awareness and educate as many people as possible. We want organisations to be supported to do this and to build a culture of disability inclusion.
If our standard products don’t meet your needs, Scope can work with you to create customised training that does.Speak to our team about a tailored session
Just wanted to say a huge thank you for today’s session, it was really enjoyable and interactive, a great achievement and certainly something our advisors will have learnt a lot from. I think it went really well.