Workplace disability inclusion programme
Our 12 month workplace disability inclusion programme offers a report, workshops, and toolkits.
- 12 month programme of work to support you through your journey.
- Reviews and analysis of internal processes and policies, with recommendations.
- 4 engaging training workshops on disability inclusion, workplace culture, accessibility, and disability recruitment.
- Access to employment and accessibility experts, and those with lived experiences of disability.
- Guidance through different levels of Disability Confident scheme.
- 4 toolkits to support you with ongoing work.
Discovering what you need
We’ll set up a discovery session to find out exactly what you need. This helps us understand your organisation’s current knowledge and understanding of disability. We will then build a plan to support you over the 12 months. This usually starts with a review, followed by our training workshops.
The discovery session usually involves HR and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion teams.
Our expert review
During the review stage our employment expert will gather information from you. This will allow them to analyse where you are and any problems you need to fix. They will work with you to look at:
- organisational demographics
- current data collection and reporting capabilities
- current policies
- your recruitment process. For example, where and how vacancies are advertised, screened, and progressed.
- the culture. What structures are in place to promote disability inclusivity, accreditations, and aspirations.
For the review, we analyse a maximum of 8 policies or documents.
Writing our report
We’ll then draft an initial report to summarise the findings in these areas. Our employment expert will include recommendations on what to change, how to improve and new changes you can make.
The report aims to support your organisation to develop. It will include actions you can make over the 12-month programme. It’s the start of your inclusive journey with Scope.
The report will take a minimum of 2 weeks to deliver after the discovery meeting. This will depend on how quickly we get the information and documents from you.
Introduction to disability training
90 minutes to bring lived experience to your employees
Co-delivered by 2 of Scope’s experts, we’ll give trainees a good understanding of the social model of disability. The informal session will explore societal and workplace barriers. It includes real life examples and stories of disability. We also share research and statistics on disability and attitudes.
This session covers:
- polling: what do you know about disability?
- personal experience of disability
- a breakdown of the social model and the medical model
- examples of physical, attitudinal, and online barriers
- discussion around barriers
- an overview of disability discrimination and the law
The session is interactive so we limit it to 40 people in-person. We can train larger groups online.
Workplace culture training
90 minutes to start the disability conversation
This workshop focuses on helping employees become more comfortable with disability. It helps everyone to understand the challenges disabled people face at work. It creates a safe space to start the conversation. And it encourages discussions that share new perspectives.
This session is interactive so we limit it to 40 people. This makes sure everyone is included and engaged.
Together, let’s end the awkward!
The goal of this workshop is to remove some of the awkwardness around disability. We do this by:
- sharing comedic awkward videos to help everyone relax into the conversation
- starting a discussion on practical solutions to barriers
- running interactive polling that looks at common misconceptions and barriers around disability
- doing a language activity and sharing social model guidance
- encouraging open floor discussions
Introduction to accessibility training
60 minutes to upskill in accessibility
Invite up to 300 employees to raise accessibility awareness across multiple teams. One of our accessibility specialists will get you started with a range of best practices.
We don’t just cover what you need to do, but why and how. We also include practical information that everyone can use in their work right away.
The 1 hour session covers:
- personal story of disability and the social model
- why accessibility is legally important to your organisation
- the importance of researching and testing with disabled people
- content accessibility best practices. From Plain English, readability and link text to images, colour, and video.
Disability recruitment training
3 hours to start hiring without barriers
Our recruitment and selection workshop supports you to develop inclusive recruitment practices. We will help your organisation build confidence in hiring disabled employees. We’ll also make sure you understand how to evaluate your success.
This workshop runs between 2 and 3 hours. It’s interactive so you can get the most knowledge from our expert. This means the session is limited to 30 people.
Understanding inclusive recruitment
The workshop guides you from the disabled jobseeker’s perspective. But it will also look at the things you need to change as an organisation. In the session you will:
- look at the barriers disabled jobseekers experience
- explore how you address these barriers
- discuss a standard job description. And how it may create barriers for disabled applicants.
- look at monitoring. This is the best way of evaluating your success.
Finish with all the tools
You’ll have access to all the workshop presentations and transcripts. You’ll also get 4 online toolkits:
- Accessibility resources
- Inclusive recruitment and guaranteed interview scheme
- Inclusive policies and procedures
- Reasonable adjustments and Access to Work
Our jobs board
During the programme, you’ll have the opportunity to advertise your roles on Scope’s job board. This is available to disabled jobseekers using Scope’s employment services.
We can talk to you more about doing this once we’ve started the programme.
Session delivery and cost
Once you’ve contacted us to set up this package, we’ll make the process easy. One of our team will contact you with our contract. Then we’ll get some details from you to set up an invoice.
Once we have signed a contract, the course must be completed by the end of 12 months from the date of signature.
After the paperwork is sorted, all we need to do is set the date of your discovery meeting. The meeting will set up the plan for the year.
£15,500 plus VAT.
Our goal is to raise disability awareness and educate as many people as possible. We want organisations to be supported to do this and to build a culture of disability inclusion.
If this standard product doesn’t meet your needs, Scope can work with you to create customised package that does.Speak to our team about a tailored package
Just wanted to say a huge thank you for today’s session, it was really enjoyable and interactive, a great achievement and certainly something our advisors will have learnt a lot from. I think it went really well.