Disabled consumer research
Listen to disabled voices. Understand accessibility barriers. Improve your services and products. Use Scope's disability research panel.
- Scope has an engaged research panel of exclusively disabled people and families.
- We make our research accessible so all disabled people can express their views.
- We’ll help you understand how disabled people use your products and services.
- Our disability research panel has over 2,600 panellists in England and Wales.
- Panellists trust Scope. They feel safe to be honest and tell us their opinions.
- We have disability equality trained facilitators. They're experts in accessible research and making reasonable adjustments.
- We’ll create a research plan tailored to your objectives and then present the results and our recommendations.
Experts in disabled consumer research
Scope are experts at creating an accessible research experience. We’re disability equality trained facilitators. We offer an accessible way for disabled people to feel safe expressing their views.
Panellists also trust Scope. We take the time to build relationships with them. They feel comfortable telling us things they wouldn’t share with other interviewers. This means they give us their true opinions on how products, services, and policies impact their lives.
Inclusive research tailored to you
We’re invested in helping you understand your disabled audience. Scope’s 2,600 panellists have a broad range of access needs. They can help you understand the different challenges disabled people experience. Doing this research will help you find the barriers in your offer and remove them.
We will take the time to understand your goals and challenges. We expect them to be similar to Scope’s own mission to reach everyday equality. We’ll give you expert advice on the best way to get actionable insight. Together, we’ll build the project plan tailored to your objectives.
We can arrange, recruit and facilitate:
- short surveys
- in-depth interview
- small focus groups
- customer journey testing
- user experience testing
We have experience of other methods if needed. We’re happy to talk to you about these.
We will deliver a presentation of the feedback with analysis. We can also offer edited films of participants to show lived experiences.
Research delivery and cost
Because each research project is different, our costs are tailored to each organisation. Once we have a detailed brief and confirmed capacity, we’ll give you a quote.
After we’ve agreed the details, arranged the deadlines, and signed the contract, we can start work.
Working with disabled people on our panel can take time. The project may take longer than other research projects.
Scope’s recommendations have helped us improve our priority services for disabled customers. Through research, we could better understand our customers needs when it comes to getting extra support. Through testing, we identified 12 potential barriers to sign-up.
We have since made changes to the accessibility of our website. Not just by improving our Priority Services pages, but also the forms to register.